Animal Husbandry Extension Service through Mobile Advisories (AHESMA)
- Objectives of AHESMA
- To disseminate useful information such as livestock health care, breeding and management from research & extension wings to farmers.
- To facilitate adoption of modern practices for livestock rearing by voice messages.
- To improve veterinary services and governance for the rural poor.
- To reach out illiterate/semi-literate livestock farmers
- To support decision making ability of farmers
- Revised Modalities for the Project
- CDVOs of more than 10 districts (Angul, Deogarh, Jajpur, Balasore, Boudh, Gajapati, Bhadrak, Kandhamal, Bargarh, Khordha and Cuttack) opined to provide the services making the existing SIM cards of the farmers compatible, instead of going for distribution of new SIM cards.
- A proposal for revision of implementation modalities of the scheme was sent to the Govt. On 26 Oct, 2017.
- Govt. have been pleased to approve it on 10 Nov, 2017.
- The implementation modalities have been changed from SIM card distribution format to Inter-TelecomNetwork-Compatibility.
- All the mobile users can be enrolled now, irrespective of the network they are using.
- The Toll-free number would be accessible to all the mobile telephone users.
- The revised modalities would be carried out within the approved budget cost.
- A total of 2 lakh farmers will be benefitted in the revised modalities of the scheme.
Under Animal Husbandry Extension Services through Mobile Advisory (AHESMA), 5 voice messages per day to each registered mobile numbers are being sent through the partnering agency M/s Vodafone Ltd.
All the farmers of the state irrespective of registration can access the toll free number 1800 123 0006 to address their queries related to Animal Husbandry.